Monday, July 25, 2011

Cheddar Ale Soup




I find soup a highly under-rated food. It can be so fantastic and this is definitely a recipe to make you a believer. When I saw this recipe in a magazine the title intrigued me for certain, I mean beer and cheese how can it not be tasty? But still I was blown away by how great this recipe is. Super easy to make and addictively tasty. This smells so amazing when it's cooking and it tastes even better than it smells. Husband had a taste when it was done and couldn't stop "tasting" it. I ate 3 bowls myself, it's just so damn delicious. If the way to someone's heart is thru their stomach this is the recipe that proves that theory. One drawback, when you look at the fat content of this recipe you'll know why it's so damn good too - because it's basically is a heart attack in a bowl .I say risk it though. You can cut down on the fat content a touch by using a little less butter than called for and by using 18% cream instead of the 35% called for. I don't think I've made a Michael Smith recipe before but I'll for sure try him again after this one. One more thing, I used New Castle Brown Ale for my beer and it turned out fantastic!


Recipe:


No comments:

Post a Comment