Thursday, December 29, 2011

Gingerbread Cookies




I have grown quite the reputation in the gingerbread department. Everyone knows that I am the queen of gingerbread cookies. Really I owe my crown to Martha Stewart though. It's her recipe that I use and have always used to make the gingerbread cookies that everyone seems to love. I think I've been making this recipe for close to 10 years now and it hasn't failed me yet. This time of year we're all looking for a recipe to really make the season. And a foolproof recipe at that! What better to way to fill your home with all things seasonal than with the smell of gingerbread. If you have kids it's a great family activity to decorate these cookies with them (or you could even make a gingerbread house!). These cookies also make a great little gift to friends or family members that you just want to give a little something. The very best part about this recipe is how well the cookies freeze. You could make these well in advance, freeze them and pull them out of the freezer if you have guests over during the holidays. I really truly think that this is THE perfect holiday recipe. Which is why I'm passing it on to you. Enjoy this festive season with your friends and family and maybe a little sugar too!

RECIPE:

No comments:

Post a Comment