Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Vegan Chili




For quite some time I've been wanting to try the Vegan Chili that I saw made on The Ellen DeGeneres show. Ellen is a well known vegan and this was a recipe that, if I do recall correctly, her personal chef made on the show. I thought this might be expensive to make but was pleasantly surprised that most of the ingredients were things that I already had in the cupboard. I really only had to pick up a couple things. My grocery store did not offer the brand of "Ground Beef" listed on the ingredients list,which is Smart Ground, so I went with Yves Original "Ground Beef". Which is actually tofu that looks just like a cooked ground beef.


Not only is this recipe super easy and super fast to make but it is also SUPER delicious!!! I made a plate of hot nachos for Husband and I and served it with this vegan chili as a dip for the nachos and both Husband and I really liked it. I highly recommend this recipe. And seriously if you're thinking of cutting down on the amount of red meat you consume but hate to give up your meaty favourites, think of this recipe as having your cake and eating it too. You can still enjoy and nice bowl of chili honouring your inentions of lessening the red meat in your diet. I beseech you to try this recipe whether your vegan or not. Delicious, delicious, delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment